Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun assignment has 6 senses
- assignment, duty assignment - a duty that you are assigned to perform (especially in the armed forces); "hazardous duty"
--1 is a kind of duty
--1 has particulars:
- assignment - the instrument by which a claim or right or interest or property is transferred from one person to another
--2 is a kind of legal document, legal instrument, official document, instrument
- assignment, assigning - the act of distributing something to designated places or persons; "the first task is the assignment of an address to each datum"
--3 is a kind of distribution
--3 has particulars: allocation
- grant, assignment - (law) a transfer of property by deed of conveyance
--4 is a kind of transferred property, transferred possession
--4 has particulars: appanage, apanage; land grant
- assignment - an undertaking that you have been assigned to do (as by an instructor)
--5 is a kind of undertaking, project, task, labor
--5 has particulars:
- appointment, assignment, designation, naming - the act of putting a person into a non-elective position; "the appointment had to be approved by the whole committee"
--6 is a kind of decision, determination, conclusion
--6 has particulars: