Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun appointment has 6 senses
- appointment, assignment, designation, naming - the act of putting a person into a non-elective position; "the appointment had to be approved by the whole committee"
--1 is a kind of decision, determination, conclusion
--1 has particulars:
- date, appointment, engagement - a meeting arranged in advance; "she asked how to avoid kissing at the end of a date"
--2 is a kind of meeting, get together
--2 has members: date, escort
--2 has particulars: blind date; double date; tryst, rendezvous
- appointment, fitting - (usually plural) furnishings and equipment (especially for a ship or hotel)
--3 is a kind of furnishings
- appointee, appointment - a person who is appointed to a job or position
--4 is a kind of person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, human, soul
- appointment - the job to which you are (or hope to be) appointed; "he applied for an appointment in the treasury"
--5 is a kind of occupation, business, job, line of work, line
- appointment - (law) the act of disposing of property by virtue of the power of appointment; "she allocated part of the trust to her church by appointment"
--6 is a kind of disposal, disposition