Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun annoyance has 5 senses
- irritation, annoyance, vexation, botheration - the psychological state of being irritated or annoyed
--1 is a kind of psychological state, mental state
--1 has particulars:
- annoyance, chafe, vexation - anger produced by some annoying irritation
--2 is a kind of anger, choler, ire
--2 has particulars:
- aggravator, annoyance - an unpleasant person who is annoying or exasperating
--3 is a kind of unpleasant person, disagreeable person
- annoyance, bother, botheration, pain, infliction, pain in the neck, pain in the ass - something or someone that causes trouble; a source of unhappiness; "washing dishes was a nuisance before we got a dish washer"; "a bit of a bother"; "he's not a friend, he's an infliction"
--4 is a kind of negative stimulus
--4 has particulars: nuisance; irritant, thorn; plague
- annoyance, annoying, irritation, vexation - the act of troubling or annoying someone
--5 is a kind of mistreatment
--5 has particulars: exasperation; red flag