Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun warp has 4 senses
- deflection, warp - a twist or aberration; especially a perverse or abnormal way of judging or acting
--1 is a kind of aberrance, aberrancy, aberration, deviance
- warp, buckle - a shape distorted by twisting or folding
--2 is a kind of distorted shape, distortion
- warp, warping - a moral or mental distortion
--3 is a kind of distortion, deformation
- warp - yarn arranged lengthways on a loom and crossed by the woof
--4 is a kind of thread, yarn
--4 is a part of weave
--4 is a substance of fabric, cloth, material, textile
Verb warp has 2 senses
- falsify, distort, garble, warp - make false by mutilation or addition; as of a message or story
--1 is one way to misrepresent, belie
Somebody ----s something
- heave, buckle, warp - bend out of shape, as under pressure or from heat; "The highway buckled during the heatwave"
--2 is one way to change surface