Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun uniting has 2 senses
- amalgamation, merger, uniting - the combination of two or more commercial companies
--1 is a kind of consolidation, integration
- union, unification, uniting, conjugation, jointure - the act of making or becoming a single unit; "the union of opposing factions"; "he looked forward to the unification of his family for the holidays"
--2 is a kind of combination, combining, compounding
--2 has particulars:
Verb unite has 5 senses
- unite, unify - act in concert or unite in a common purpose or belief
--1 is one way to join, fall in, get together
Antonyms: divide, split, split up, separate, dissever, carve up
- unify, unite, merge - become one; "Germany unified officially in 1990"; "Will the two Koreas unify?"
--2 is one way to integrate
- unite, combine - have or possess in combination; "she unites charm with a good business sense"
--3 is one way to have, feature
Somebody ----s something with something
- connect, link, link up, join, unite - be or become joined or united or linked; "The two streets connect to become a highway"; "Our paths joined"; "The travelers linked up again at the airport"
- unite, unify, merge - join or combine; "We merged our resources"
--5 is one way to change, alter, modify
Somebody ----s something
Something ----s something