Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun conjugation has 6 senses
- junction, conjunction, conjugation, colligation - the state of being joined together
--1 is a kind of union, unification
--1 has particulars: anastomosis, inosculation; synapse
- conjugation - the inflection of verbs
--2 is a kind of inflection, inflexion
--2 has member: verb
- conjugation - the complete set of inflected forms of a verb
--3 is a kind of set
- conjugation - a class of verbs having the same inflectional forms
--4 is a kind of class, category, family
- coupling, mating, pairing, conjugation, union, sexual union - the act of pairing a male and female for reproductive purposes; "the casual couplings of adolescents"; "the mating of some species occurs only in the spring"
--5 is a kind of sexual activity, sexual practice, sex, sex activity
--5 has particulars:
- union, unification, uniting, conjugation, jointure - the act of making or becoming a single unit; "the union of opposing factions"; "he looked forward to the unification of his family for the holidays"
--6 is a kind of combination, combining, compounding
--6 has particulars: