Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun try out has 2 senses
- trial, trial run, test, tryout - trying something to find out about it; "a sample for ten days free trial"; "a trial of progesterone failed to relieve the pain"
--1 is a kind of experiment, experimentation
--1 has particulars:
- audition, tryout - a test of the suitability of a performer
--2 is a kind of test, trial, run
--2 has particulars: screen test
Verb try out has 4 senses
- test, prove, try, try out, examine, essay - put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to; "This approach has been tried with good results"; "Test this recipe"
--1 is one way to judge
Somebody ----s something
- experiment, try out - try something new, as in order to gain experience; "Students experiment sexually"; "The composer experimented with a new style"
- audition, try out - perform in order to get a role; "She auditioned for a role on Broadway"
--3 is one way to perform
- sample, try, try out, taste - take a sample of; "Try these new crackers"; "Sample the regional dishes"
--4 is one way to consume, ingest, take in, take, have
They try out more bread