Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun stripe has 5 senses
- band, banding, stripe - a strip or stripe of a contrasting color or material
--1 is a kind of adornment
--1 is a part of garment
--1 has particulars: cigar band; hatband; neckband
- stripe - a piece of braid, usually on the sleeve, indicating military rank or length of service
--2 is a kind of badge
- chevron, stripe, stripes, grade insignia - V-shaped sleeve badge indicating military rank and service; "they earned their stripes in Kuwait"
--3 is a kind of badge
- stripe - a kind or category; "businessmen of every stripe joined in opposition to the proposal"
--4 is a kind of kind, sort, form, variety
- stripe, streak - a marking of a different color or texture from the background
--5 is a kind of marking
--5 has particulars: band, stria, striation