Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun stab has 3 senses
- pang, stab, twinge - a sudden sharp feeling; "pangs of regret"; "she felt a stab of excitement"; "twinges of conscience"
--1 is a kind of feeling
--1 has particulars: guilt pang
- stab, thrust, knife thrust - a thrusting blow with a knife or other sharp pointed instrument; "one strong stab to the heart killed him"
--2 is a kind of blow
- shot, stab - informal words for any attempt or effort; "he gave it his best shot"; "he took a stab at forecasting"
--3 is a kind of attempt, effort, endeavor, endeavour, try
Verb stab has 3 senses
- knife, stab - use a knife on; "The victim was knifed to death"
--1 is one way to injure, wound
They want to stab the prisoners
- stab, jab - stab or pierce; "he jabbed the piece of meat with his pocket knife"
--2 is one way to thrust
Somebody ----s something
Somebody ----s somebody
Something ----s somebody
- jab, prod, stab, poke, dig - poke or thrust abruptly; "he jabbed his finger into her ribs"
--3 is one way to thrust
Somebody ----s somebody PP
Somebody ----s something PP