Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun prod has 2 senses
- goad, goading, prod, prodding, urging, spur, spurring - a verbalization that encourages you to attempt something; "the ceaseless prodding got on his nerves"
--1 is a kind of encouragement
- prod, goad - a pointed instrument used to prod into motion
--2 is a kind of device
--2 has particulars: spur, gad
Verb prod has 3 senses
- nudge, poke at, prod - to push against gently; "She nudged my elbow when she saw her friend enter the restaurant"
--1 is one way to push, force
Somebody ----s something
Somebody ----s somebody
Something ----s somebody
- prod, incite, egg on - urge on; cause to act; "They other children egged the boy on, but he did not want to throw the stone through the window"
They prod him to write the letter
- jab, prod, stab, poke, dig - poke or thrust abruptly; "he jabbed his finger into her ribs"
--3 is one way to thrust
Somebody ----s somebody PP
Somebody ----s something PP