Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Adjective roast has 1 sense
- roast, roasted - (of meat) cooked by dry heat in an oven
Antonym: raw (indirect, via cooked)
Noun roast has 2 senses
- roast, joint - a piece of meat roasted or for roasting and of a size for slicing into more than one portion
--1 is a kind of cut, cut of meat
--1 has particulars:
- knock, roast - negative criticism
--2 is a kind of criticism, critique
Verb roast has 2 senses
- roast - cook with dry heat, usually in an oven; "roast the turkey"
--1 is one way to cook
The chefs roast the vegetables
- ridicule, roast, guy, blackguard, laugh at, jest at, rib, make fun, poke fun - subject to laughter or ridicule; "The satirists ridiculed the plans for a new opera house"; "The students poked fun at the inexperienced teacher"; "His former students roasted the professor at his 60th birthday"
--2 is one way to mock, bemock
Somebody ----s something
Somebody ----s somebody