Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun rap has 6 senses
- blame, rap - a reproach for some lapse or misdeed; "he took the blame for it"; "it was a bum rap"
--1 is a kind of reproach
- rap, strike, tap - a gentle blow
--2 is a kind of bump, blow
- pat, rap, tap - the sound made by a gentle blow
--3 is a kind of sound
--3 has particulars: pitter-patter
- rap - voluble conversation
--4 is a kind of conversation
- rap, rap music, hip-hop - genre of African-American music of the 1980s and 1990s in which rhyming lyrics are chanted to a musical accompaniment; several forms of rap have emerged
--5 is a kind of popular music, popular music genre; black music, African-American music
- knock, belt, rap, whack, whang - the act of hitting vigorously; "he gave the table a whack"
--6 is a kind of blow