Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adverbial pitter-patter has 2 senses
- pit-a-pat, pitty-patty, pitty-pat, pitter-patter - as of footsteps; "he came running pit-a-pat down the hall"
- pit-a-pat, pitty-patty, pitty-pat, pitter-patter - describing a rhythmic beating; "his heart went pit-a-pat"
Noun pitter-patter has 1 sense
- pitter-patter - a series of rapid tapping sounds; "she missed the pitter-patter of little feet around the house"
--1 is a kind of pat, rap, tap
Verb pitter-patter has 2 senses
- sprinkle, spit, spatter, patter, pitter-patter - rain gently; "It has only sprinkled, but the roads are slick"
--1 is one way to rain, rain down
It is ----ing
- patter, pitter-patter - make light, rapid and repeated sounds; "gently pattering rain"
--2 is one way to sound, go
Somebody ----s PP