Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun racing has 1 sense
- racing - the sport of engaging in contests of speed
--1 is a kind of sport, athletics
--1 has particulars:
Verb race has 4 senses
- rush, hotfoot, hasten, hie, speed, race, pelt along, rush along, cannonball along, bucket along, belt along - step on it; "He rushed down the hall to receive his guests"; "The cars raced down the street"
--1 is one way to travel, go, move, locomote
They race up the hill
- race, run - compete in a race; "he is running the Marathon this year"; "let's race and see who gets there first"
--2 is one way to compete, vie, contend
These cars won't race
- race - to work as fast as possible towards a goal, sometimes in competition with others; "We are racing to find a cure for AIDS"
--3 is one way to act, move
Somebody ----s to INFINITIVE
- race, rush - cause to move fast or to rush or race; "The psychologist raced the rats through a long maze"
--4 is one way to move, displace
They race the car down the avenue