Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun peel has 3 senses
- skin, rind, peel - the tissue forming the hard outer layer (of e.g. a fruit)
--1 is a kind of plant tissue
- Peel, Robert Peel, Sir Robert Peel - British politician (1788-1850)
--2 is a kind of politician, politico, pol, political leader
- peel, skin - the rind of a fruit or vegetable
--3 is a kind of rind
--3 is a part of edible fruit
--3 has particulars:
Verb peel has 3 senses
- skin, peel, pare - strip the skin off; "pare apples"
--1 is one way to strip
The chefs peel the vegetables
- peel off, peel, flake off, flake - come off in flakes or thin small pieces; "The paint in my house is peeling off"
--2 is one way to chip, chip off, come off, break away, break off
- undress, discase, uncase, unclothe, strip, strip down, disrobe, peel - get undressed; "please don't undress in front of everybody!"; "She strips in front of strangers every night for a living"
--3 is one way to take off
Somebody ----s something
Somebody ----s somebody