Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun outpouring has 5 senses
- spring, fountain, outflow, outpouring, natural spring - a natural flow of ground water
--1 is a kind of geological formation, formation
--1 has particulars: Fountain of Youth; geyser; hot spring, thermal spring
- flush, gush, outpouring - a sudden rapid flow (as of water); "he heard the flush of a toilet"; "there was a little gush of blood"; "she attacked him with an outpouring of words"
--2 is a kind of flow, flowing
--2 has particulars: springtide
- discharge, outpouring, run - the pouring forth of a fluid
--3 is a kind of flow, flowing
--3 has particulars:
- barrage, outpouring, onslaught - the rapid and continuous delivery of linguistic communication (spoken or written)
--4 is a kind of language, linguistic communication
- flood, overflow, outpouring - a large flow
--5 is a kind of flow, stream
--5 has particulars: effusion