Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun memory has 5 senses
- memory - something that is remembered; "search as he would, the memory was lost"
--1 is a kind of representation, mental representation, internal representation
--1 has particulars:
- memory, remembering - the cognitive processes whereby past experience is remembered; "he can do it from memory"; "he enjoyed remembering his father"
--2 is a kind of basic cognitive process
--2 has particulars:
- memory, retention, retentiveness - the power of retaining and recalling past experience; "he had a good memory when he was younger"
--3 is a kind of faculty, mental faculty, module
--3 has particulars: remembrance, recollection, anamnesis
- memory, computer memory, storage, computer storage, store, memory board - an electronic memory device; "a memory and the CPU form the central part of a computer to which peripherals are attached"
--4 is a kind of memory device, storage device; hardware, computer hardware
--4 is a part of
--4 has parts: register
--4 has particulars:
- memory - the area of cognitive psychology that studies memory processes; "he taught a graduate course on learning and memory"
--5 is a kind of cognitive psychology