Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective loaded has 5 senses
- laden, loaded, ladened - filled with a great quantity; "a tray loaded with dishes"; "table laden with food"; "`ladened' is not current usage"
Antonym: empty (indirect, via full)
- loaded - (of weapons) charged with ammunition; "a loaded gun"
Antonyms: unloaded, blank, dud
- loaded - (of statements or questions) charged with associative significance and often meant to mislead or influence; "a loaded question"
Antonyms: unprejudiced, impartial (indirect, via prejudiced)
- affluent, flush, loaded, moneyed, wealthy - having an abundant supply of money or possessions of value; "an affluent banker"; "a speculator flush with cash"; "not merely rich but loaded"; "moneyed aristocrats"; "wealthy corporations"
Antonym: poor (indirect, via rich)
- besotted, blind drunk, blotto, crocked, cockeyed, fuddled, loaded, pie-eyed, pissed, pixilated, plastered, potty, slopped, sloshed, smashed, soaked, soused, sozzled, squiffy, stiff, tiddly, tiddley, tight, tipsy, wet - very drunk
Antonym: sober (indirect, via intoxicated)
Verb load has 3 senses
- load, lade, laden, load up - fill or place a load on; "load a car"; "load the truck with hay"
--1 is one way to fill, fill up, make full
They load the cart with boxes
- load, charge - provide with munition; "He loaded his gun carefully"
--2 is one way to fill, fill up, make full
Somebody ----s something
- load - put (something) on a structure or conveyance; "load the bags onto the trucks"
--3 is one way to put, set, place, pose, position, lay
They load the books into the box