Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective liquid has 8 senses
- liquid - existing as or having characteristics of a liquid; especially tending to flow; "water and milk and blood are liquid substances"
Antonyms: gaseous, aeriform, airlike, aerosolized, aerosolised, evaporated, foamy, frothy, gasified, vaporized, vaporised, volatilized, volatilised, gassy, vaporific, vaporish, vapourish, vaporous, solid, coagulated, solidified, concrete, congealed, jelled, jellied, dry, semisolid, solid-state
- liquid, swimming, watery - filled or brimming with tears; "swimming eyes"; "watery eyes"; "sorrow made the eyes of many grow liquid"
Antonyms: tearless, dry-eyed (indirect, via tearful)
- liquid, limpid - clear and bright; "the liquid air of a spring morning"; "eyes shining with a liquid luster"; "limpid blue eyes"
Antonym: opaque (indirect, via clear)
- melted, liquid, liquified - changed from a solid to a liquid state; "rivers filled to overflowing by melted snow"
- liquid - smooth and flowing in quality; entirely free of harshness; "the liquid song of a robin"
Antonyms: unmusical, nonmusical, dissonant (indirect, via musical)
- liquid - yielding; lacking any hint of hardness; "the liquid stillness of the night enveloping him"; "the liquid brown eyes of a spaniel"
Antonym: hard (indirect, via soft)
- flowing, fluent, fluid, liquid, smooth - smooth and unconstrained in movement; "a long, smooth stride"; "the fluid motion of a cat"; "the liquid grace of a ballerina"; "liquid prose"
Antonym: awkward (indirect, via graceful)
- fluid, liquid - in cash or easily convertible to cash; "liquid (or fluid) assets"
Antonym: nondisposable (indirect, via disposable)