Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun jazz has 3 senses
- wind, idle words, jazz, nothingness - empty rhetoric or insincere or exaggerated talk; "that's a lot of wind"; "don't give me any of that jazz"
--1 is a kind of talk, talking
- jazz - a genre of popular music that originated in New Orleans around 1900 and developed through increasingly complex styles
--2 is a kind of popular music, popular music genre
--2 has particulars:
- jazz - a style of dance music popular in the 1920s; similar to New Orleans jazz but played by large bands
--3 is a kind of dance music, danceroom music, ballroom music
Verb jazz has 2 senses
- jazz - play something in the style of jazz
--1 is one way to play, spiel
They will jazz the duet
- roll in the hay, love, make out, make love, sleep with, get laid, have sex, know, do it, be intimate, have intercourse, have it away, have it off, screw, fuck, jazz, eff, hump, lie with, bed, have a go at it, bang, get it on, bonk - have sexual intercourse with; "This student sleeps with everyone in her dorm"; "Adam knew Eve"; "Were you ever intimate with this man?"
--2 is one way to copulate, mate, pair, couple