Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective interior has 5 senses
- interior - situated within or suitable for inside a building; "an interior scene"; "interior decoration"; "an interior bathroom without windows"
Antonyms: exterior, out, outside
- home, interior, internal, national - inside the country; "the British Home Office has broader responsibilities than the United States Department of the Interior"; "the nation's internal politics"
Antonym: foreign (indirect, via domestic)
- inner, interior, internal - located inward; "Beethoven's manuscript looks like a bloody record of a tremendous inner battle"- Leonard Bernstein; "she thinks she has no soul, no interior life, but the truth is that she has no access to it"- David Denby; "an internal sense of rightousness"- A.R.Gurney,Jr.
Antonym: outward (indirect, via inward)
- interior - inside and toward a center; "interior regions of the earth"
Antonym: external (indirect, via internal)
- interior, midland, upcountry - of or coming from the middle of a region or country; "upcountry districts"
Antonym: coastal (indirect, via inland)