Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective inside has 6 senses
- inside - relating to or being within or near the inner side or limit; "he reached into his inside jacket pocket"; "inside out"; "an inside pitch is between home plate and the batter"
Antonyms: outside, after-school, extracurricular, right
- inside - being or applying to the inside of a building; "an inside wall"
Antonym: exterior (indirect, via interior)
- indoor, inside - located, suited for, or taking place within a building; "indoor activities for a rainy day"; "an indoor pool"
- inside, inner, privileged - confined to an exclusive group; "privy to inner knowledge"; "inside information"; "privileged information"
Antonym: inclusive (indirect, via exclusive)
- inside - away from the outer edge; "an inner lane"; "the inside lane"
Antonym: outer (indirect, via inner)
- inside - within some bounds; especially of an organization; "an inside job"
Antonym: external (indirect, via internal)
Adverbial inside has 4 senses
- inside, indoors - within a building; "in winter we play inside"
Antonyms: outside, outdoors, out of doors, alfresco
- inside, within - on the inside; "inside, the car is a mess"
- inwardly, inside - with respect to private feelings; "inwardly, she was raging"
- at heart, at bottom, deep down, inside, in spite of appearance - in reality; "she is very kind at heart"