Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun hostility has 5 senses
- hostility, ill will - a hostile (very unfriendly) disposition; "he could not conceal his hostility"
--1 is a kind of unfriendliness
--1 has particulars: virulence, virulency
- hostility, enmity, antagonism - a state of deep-seated ill-will
--2 is a kind of state
--2 has particulars:
- hostility, enmity, ill will - the feeling of a hostile person; "he could no longer contain his hostility"
--3 is a kind of hate, hatred
--3 has particulars:
- aggression, hostility - violent action that is hostile and usually unprovoked
--4 is a kind of action
--4 has particulars:
- hostility, belligerency - acts of overt warfare; "the outbreak of hostilities"
--5 is a kind of combat, armed combat