Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective guest has 1 sense
- visiting, guest - staying temporarily; "a visiting foreigner"; "guest conductor"
Antonyms: permanent, lasting (indirect, via impermanent)
Noun guest has 4 senses
- guest, invitee - a visitor to whom hospitality is extended
--1 is a kind of visitor, visitant
--1 has particulars: guest of honor; house guest, houseguest; wedding guest
- Guest, Edgar Guest, Edgar Albert Guest - United States journalist (born in England) noted for his syndicated homey verse (1881-1959)
--2 is a kind of journalist
- guest - a customer of a hotel or restaurant etc.
--3 is a kind of customer, client
--3 has particulars: no-show; overnighter
- node, client, guest - (computer science) any computer that is hooked up to a computer network
--4 is a kind of computer, computing machine, computing device, data processor, electronic computer, information processing system
--4 is a part of computer network