Definitions from WordNet
Definitions from the Web
Glutinous is an adjective that describes something as sticky, adhesive, or having the quality of glue.
In popular usage, glutinous is commonly used to describe food, especially of a sticky or cohesive nature.
1. His pancakes were perfectly cooked, light and fluffy, served with glutinous maple syrup.
2. The sushi chef skillfully rolled the glutinous rice and fish into bite-sized pieces.
3. The doughnuts were covered in a sweet and glutinous glaze.
In local usage, glutinous may be used to describe cultural or regional food preparations that are particularly sticky or glue-like in consistency.
1. In certain Asian cuisines, glutinous rice cakes are a traditional dessert enjoyed during festive occasions.
2. The local bakery is famous for their glutinous bread, which is exceptionally sticky and chewy.
3. The dish is a delightful combination of glutinous noodles, fresh vegetables, and savory sauce.
glutethimide gluteus gluteus maximus gluteus medius gluteus minimus gluteus muscle glutin glutinosity glutinous glutinousness glutiony gluton glutony glutted glutten glutton gluttonise