Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Adjective gallant has 4 senses
- gallant - unflinching in battle or action; "a gallant warrior"; "put up a gallant resistance to the attackers"
Antonyms: cowardly, fearful (indirect, via brave)
- dashing, gallant - lively and spirited; "a dashing hero"
Antonym: spiritless (indirect, via spirited)
- gallant, lofty, majestic, proud - having or displaying great dignity or nobility; "a gallant pageant"; "lofty ships"; "majestic cities"; "proud alpine peaks"
Antonym: unimpressive (indirect, via impressive)
- chivalrous, gallant, knightly - having the qualities of gallantry attributed to an ideal knight
Antonym: discourteous (indirect, via courteous)
Noun gallant has 2 senses
- dandy, dude, fop, gallant, sheik, beau, swell, fashion plate, clotheshorse - a man who is much concerned with his dress and appearance
--1 is a kind of man, adult male
--1 has particulars:
- squire, gallant - a man who attends or escorts a woman
--2 is a kind of attendant, attender, tender