Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun formula has 7 senses
- formula, expression - a group of symbols that make a mathematical statement
--1 is a kind of mathematical statement
--1 has particulars: sentential function; primitive; exponential expression
- recipe, formula - directions for making something
--2 is a kind of direction, instruction
- formula - a conventionalized statement expressing some fundamental principle
--3 is a kind of statement
- formula, chemical formula - a representation of a substance using symbols for its constituent elements
--4 is a kind of statement
--4 has parts: chemical notation
--4 has particulars: molecular formula; empirical formula
- convention, normal, pattern, rule, formula - something regarded as a normative example; "the convention of not naming the main character"; "violence is the rule not the exception"; "his formula for impressing visitors"
--5 is a kind of practice
--5 has particulars: mores; code of conduct, code of behavior
- formula - a liquid food for infants
--6 is a kind of milk
- rule, formula - (mathematics) a standard procedure for solving a class of mathematical problems; "he determined the upper bound with Descartes' rule of signs"; "he gave us a general formula for attacking polynomials"
--7 is a kind of procedure, process
--7 has particulars: