Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun fork has 5 senses
- fork - cutlery used for serving and eating food
--1 is a kind of cutlery, eating utensil
--1 has part: prong; tine
--1 has particulars: carving fork; salad fork; tablefork; toasting fork
- branching, ramification, fork, forking - the act of branching out or dividing into branches
--2 is a kind of division
--2 has particulars: bifurcation; trifurcation; divarication; fibrillation
- branch, fork, leg, ramification - a part of a forked or branching shape; "he broke off one of the branches"; "they took the south fork"
--3 is a kind of subfigure
--3 is a part of furcation, forking
--3 has particulars: bifurcation; brachium
- fork - an agricultural tool used for lifting or digging; has a handle and metal prongs
--4 is a kind of tool
--4 has part: prong
--4 has particulars: hayfork
- crotch, fork - the angle formed by the inner sides of the legs where they join the human trunk
--5 is a kind of angle
--5 is a part of body, organic structure, physical structure