Definitions from WordNet
Noun floozie has 1 sense
Definitions from the Web
1. A slang term for a sexually promiscuous or flirtatious woman, often with a dubious reputation.
- The party was filled with floozies dancing provocatively.
- She has a reputation for being a floozie but wants to change her ways.
1. Describing someone or something characteristic of a floozie.
- The performer's outfit was quite floozie-like, attracting attention from everyone.
- He portrayed a floozie character in the play with great enthusiasm.
1. Popular usage: A term used to refer to an openly seductive or promiscuous woman.
- The term "floozie" became incredibly popular in the 1920s as a descriptor for women who defied societal norms.
- She proudly embraced the label of floozie, celebrating her freedom of expression.
2. Local usage: In some regions, a floozie is also used to mean a foolish or silly person.
- In that small town, if you acted foolishly, you would be considered a floozie.
- He's always making silly mistakes; his friends affectionately call him a floozie.
floormats floorplan floors floorshow floorwalker floosie flooting floow in order floozie floozy flop flophouse flopi flopped flopping floppy-haired floppy