Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective tart has 2 senses
- lemony, lemonlike, sourish, tangy, tart - tasting sour like a lemon
Antonym: sweet (indirect, via sour)
- sharp, sharp-worded, tart - harsh; "sharp criticism"; "a sharp-worded exchange"; "a tart remark"
Antonym: pleasant (indirect, via unpleasant)
Noun tart has 3 senses
- prostitute, cocotte, whore, harlot, bawd, tart, cyprian, fancy woman, working girl, sporting lady, lady of pleasure, woman of the street - a woman who engages in sexual intercourse for money
--1 is a kind of woman, adult female
--1 has particulars:
- tart - a small open pie with a fruit filling
--2 is a kind of pie
--2 has particulars: quiche; apple tart; lobster tart; tartlet
- tart - pastry cup with a filling of fruit or custard and no top crust
--3 is a kind of pastry
--3 has particulars: apple tart