Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun fleece has 4 senses
- fleece - the wool of a sheep or similar animal
--1 is a kind of wool
- sheepskin, fleece - tanned skin of a sheep with the fleece left on; used for clothing
--2 is a kind of leather
--2 has particulars: Golden Fleece
- fleece - a soft bulky fabric with deep pile; used chiefly for clothing
--3 is a kind of fabric, cloth, material, textile
- wool, fleece - outer coat of especially sheep and yaks
--4 is a kind of coat, pelage
Verb fleece has 2 senses
- overcharge, soak, surcharge, gazump, fleece, plume, pluck, rob, hook - rip off; ask an unreasonable price
--1 is one way to cheat, rip off, chisel
They fleece him of all his money
- fleece, shear - shear the wool from; "shear sheep"
--2 is one way to shave, trim
Somebody ----s something