Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective favorable has 7 senses
- favorable, golden - very favorable or advantageous; "a golden opportunity"
Antonyms: inauspicious, unfortunate (indirect, via auspicious)
- favorable, favourable - encouraging or approving or pleasing; "a favorable reply"; "he received a favorable rating"; "listened with a favorable ear"; "made a favorable impression"
Antonyms: unfavorable, unfavourable, admonitory, admonishing, reproachful, reproving, adverse, harmful, inauspicious, untoward, disapproving, discriminatory, invidious, hostile
- favorable, favourable - (of winds or weather) tending to promote or facilitate; "the days were fair and the winds were favorable"
Antonyms: unfavorable, unfavourable, adverse, contrary
- favorable, well-disposed - favorably disposed; not antagonistic; "a government favorable to our interests"
Antonym: unfriendly (indirect, via friendly)
- auspicious, encouraging, favorable, favourable, lucky, prosperous - tending to favor or bring good luck; "miracles are auspicious accidents"; "encouraging omens"; "a favorable time to ask for a raise"; "lucky stars"; "a prosperous moment to make a decision"
Antonym: unpropitious (indirect, via propitious)
- favorable, favourable, opportune - at a convenient or suitable time; "an opportune time to receive guests"
Antonym: inconvenient (indirect, via convenient)
- favorable, positive - granting what has been desired or requested; "a favorable reply"; "a positive answer"
Antonym: negative (indirect, via affirmative)