Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun fade has 2 senses
- slice, fade, slicing - a golf shot that curves to the right for a right-handed golfer; "he took lessons to cure his slicing"
--1 is a kind of golf stroke, golf shot, swing
- fade, disappearance - gradually ceasing to be visible
--2 is a kind of termination, ending, conclusion
Verb fade has 4 senses
- fade, melt - become less clearly visible or distinguishable; disappear gradually or seemingly; "The scene begins to fade"; "The tree trunks are melting into the forest at dusk"
--1 is one way to weaken
- fade, wither - lose freshness, vigor, or vitality; "Her bloom was fading"
--2 is one way to disappear, vanish, go away
- evanesce, fade, blow over, pass off, fleet, pass - disappear gradually; "The pain eventually passed off"
--3 is one way to disappear, vanish, go away
Something is ----ing PP
- languish, fade - become feeble; "The prisoner has be languishing for years in the dungeon"
--4 is one way to devolve, deteriorate, drop, degenerate
Somebody ----s PP