Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun exit has 3 senses
- exit, issue, outlet, way out - an opening that permits escape or release; "he blocked the way out"; "the canyon had only one issue"
--1 is a kind of opening
--1 has particulars: outfall
- passing, loss, departure, exit, expiration, going, release - euphemistic expressions for death; "thousands mourned his passing"
--2 is a kind of death, decease
- exit - the act of going out
--3 is a kind of departure, going, going away, leaving
Verb exit has 3 senses
- exit, go out, get out, leave - move out of or depart from; "leave the room"; "the fugitive has left the country"
--1 is one way to move
Antonyms: enter, come in, get into, get in, go into, go in, move into
The men exit the boat
- exit - lose the lead
--2 is one way to play
- die, decease, perish, go, exit, pass away, expire, pass - pass from physical life and lose all all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life; "She died from cancer"; "They children perished in the fire"; "The patient went peacefully"
--3 is one way to change state, turn