Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun going away has 1 sense
- departure, going, going away, leaving - act of departing
--1 is a kind of deed, feat, effort, exploit
--1 has particulars:
Verb go away has 4 senses
- go, go away, depart - move away from a place into another direction; "Go away before I start to cry"; "The train departs at noon"
--1 is one way to exit, go out, get out, leave
Something is ----ing PP
Somebody ----s PP
- leave, go forth, go away - go away from a place; "At what time does your train leave?"; "She didn't leave until midnight"; "The ship leaves at midnight"
Sam and Sue go away
- vanish, disappear, go away - become invisible or unnoticeable; "The effect vanished when day broke"
--3 is one way to end, stop, finish, terminate, cease
The moon will soon go away
- disappear, vanish, go away - get lost, especially without warning or explanation; "He disappeared without a trace"
These cars won't go away