Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun conjunction has 6 senses
- concurrence, coincidence, conjunction, co-occurrence - the temporal property of two things happening at the same time; "the interval determining the coincidence gate is adjustable"
--1 is a kind of simultaneity, simultaneousness
--1 has particulars:
- junction, conjunction, conjugation, colligation - the state of being joined together
--2 is a kind of union, unification
--2 has particulars: anastomosis, inosculation; synapse
- conjunction, conjunctive, connective - an uninflected function word that serves to conjoin words or phrases or clauses or sentences
--3 is a kind of function word, closed-class word
--3 has particulars:
- conjunction - the grammatical relation between linguistic units (words or phrases or clauses) that are connected by a conjunction
--4 is a kind of grammatical relation
--4 has particulars:
- conjunction, alignment - (astronomy) apparent meeting or passing of two or more celestial bodies in the same degree of the zodiac
--5 is a kind of meeting, encounter
--5 has particulars: inferior conjunction; superior conjunction
- junction, conjunction - something that joins or connects
--6 is a kind of connection, connexion, connector, connecter, connective
--6 has particulars: