Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun commitment has 5 senses
- committedness, commitment - the trait of sincere and steadfast fixity of purpose; "a man of energy and commitment"
--1 is a kind of seriousness, earnestness, serious-mindedness, sincerity
- commitment, allegiance, loyalty, dedication - the act of binding yourself (intellectually or emotionally) to a course of action; "his long commitment to public service"; "they felt no loyalty to a losing team"
--2 is a kind of cooperation
--2 has particulars: communalism; consecration; devotion; faith
- commitment - an engagement by contract involving financial obligation; "his business commitments took him to London"
--3 is a kind of engagement, participation, involvement, involution
--3 has particulars: incurrence
- commitment, dedication - a message that makes a pledge
--4 is a kind of message, content, subject matter, substance
--4 has particulars:
- commitment, committal, consignment - the official act of consigning a person to confinement (as in a prison or mental hospital)
--5 is a kind of confinement