Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Definitions from WordNet
Definitions from the Web
The term 'commander-in-chief' refers to the highest-ranking officer of a military organization or armed forces, who holds supreme command and decision-making authority over its operations.
Parts of Speech
- Noun: The commander-in-chief is responsible for overseeing military operations.
- Politico-Military Sense: The commander-in-chief is the civilian or military leader in charge of a nation's armed forces.
In terms of usage, 'commander-in-chief' can be described as:
- A formal title given to the head of state or top military commander of a country.
- A position with significant authority and responsibility in military operations.
- The President of the United States serves as the commander-in-chief of the country's armed forces.
- The general addressed the troops, reminding them of their loyalty to the commander-in-chief.
- The commander-in-chief strategized the military campaign to defeat the enemy.
- The commander-in-chief's decision to send reinforcements proved vital in winning the battle.
- In her role as commander-in-chief, the Prime Minister made crucial decisions regarding national defense.
Related Products on Amazon
Explore related products on Amazon: