Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun bunt has 4 senses
- bunt - (baseball) the act of hitting a baseball lightly without swinging the bat
--1 is a kind of hit, hitting, striking
- bunt, stinking smut - disease of wheat characterized by replacement of the grains with greasy masses of smelly smut spores
--2 is a kind of smut
- bunt, stinking smut, Tilletia foetida - similar to Tilletia caries
--3 is a kind of smut, smut fungus
--3 is a member of Tilletia, genus Tilletia
- bunt, Tilletia caries - fungus that destroys kernels of wheat by replacing them with greasy masses of smelly spores
--4 is a kind of smut, smut fungus
--4 is a member of Tilletia, genus Tilletia
Verb bunt has 2 senses
- bunt, drag a bunt - hit a ball in such a way so as to make it go a short distance
--1 is one way to hit
- butt, bunt - to strike, thrust or shove against, often with head or horns; "He butted his sister out of the way"
--2 is one way to strike
Somebody ----s something