Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective bubbling has 3 senses
- bubbling, bubbly, foaming, foamy, frothy, effervescing - emitting or filled with bubbles as from carbonation or fermentation; "bubbling champagne"; "foamy (or frothy) beer"
Antonym: noneffervescent (indirect, via effervescent)
- bubbling, effervescent, scintillating, sparkling, sparkly - marked by high spirits or excitement; "his fertile effervescent mind"; "scintillating personality"; "sparkling conversation"; "a row of sparkly cheerleaders"
Antonym: dull (indirect, via lively)
- bubbling, foaming, foamy, frothing, spumous, spumy, sudsy - covered with or resembling small bubbles as from being agitated by beating or heating; "the bubbling candy mixture"; "a cup of foaming cocoa"; "frothy milkshakes"; "frothy waves"; "spumy surf"
Antonym: unagitated (indirect, via agitated)
Verb bubble has 3 senses
- bubble - form, produce, or emit bubbles; "The soup was bubbling"
--1 is one way to emit, breathe, pass off
- ripple, babble, guggle, burble, bubble, gurgle - flow in an irregular current with a bubbling noise; "babbling brooks"
--2 is one way to sound, go
Somebody ----s PP
- burp, bubble, belch, eruct - expel gas from the stomach; "In China it is polite to burp at the table"
--3 is one way to emit, breathe, pass off