Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective lively has 7 senses
- lively - full of life and energy; "a lively discussion"; "lively and attractive parents"; "a lively party"
Antonyms: dull, bovine, drab, dreary, heavy, leaden, humdrum, monotonous, lackluster, lacklustre, lusterless, lustreless, arid, desiccate, desiccated
- lively, racy - full of zest or vigor; "a racy literary style"
Antonym: spiritless (indirect, via spirited)
- brisk, lively, merry, rattling, snappy, spanking, zippy - quick and energetic; "a brisk walk in the park"; "a lively gait"; "a merry chase"; "traveling at a rattling rate"; "a snappy pace"; "a spanking breeze"
Antonyms: lethargic, unergetic (indirect, via energetic)
- bouncy, live, lively, resilient, springy, whippy - rebounds readily; "clean bouncy hair"; "a lively tennis ball"; "as resiliant as seasoned hickory"; "springy turf"
Antonym: inelastic (indirect, via elastic)
- lively - filled with events or activity; "a lively period in history"
Antonym: uneventful (indirect, via eventful)
- full of life, lively, vital - full of spirit; "a dynamic full of life woman"; "a vital and charismatic leader"; "this whole lively world"
Antonym: unanimated (indirect, via animated)
- lively - characterized by energetic activity; "a lively baby"
Antonym: inactive (indirect, via active)