Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun brush has 8 senses
- brush, brushwood, coppice, copse, thicket - a dense growth of bushes
--1 is a kind of vegetation, flora
--1 has particulars:
- brush - an implement that has hairs or bristles firmly set into a handle
--2 is a kind of implement
--2 has parts: bristle; handle, grip, handgrip, hold
--2 has particulars:
- brush, light touch - momentary contact
--3 is a kind of touch, touching
- brush - conducts current between rotating and stationary parts of a generator or motor
--4 is a kind of electrical device
--4 is a part of generator; electric motor
- brush, clash, encounter, skirmish - a minor short-term fight
--5 is a kind of fight, fighting, combat, scrap
--5 has particulars: contretemps
- brush, brushing - the act of brushing your teeth; "the dentist recommended two brushes a day"
--6 is a kind of dental care
- brush, brushing - the act of brushing your hair; "he gave his hair a quick brush"
--7 is a kind of hair care, haircare, hairdressing
- brush - contact with something dangerous or undesirable; "I had a brush with danger on my way to work"; "he tried to avoid any brushes with the police"
--8 is a kind of contact