Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun browse has 2 senses
- browse, browsing - reading superficially or at random
--1 is a kind of reading
- browse, browsing - the act of feeding by continual nibbling
--2 is a kind of eating, feeding
Verb browse has 4 senses
- shop, browse - shop around; not necessarily buying; "I don't need help, I'm just browsing"
--1 is one way to search, seek, look for
In the summer they like to go out and browse
- crop, browse, graze, range, pasture - feed as in a meadow or pasture; "the herd was grazing"
--2 is one way to feed, eat
The animals browse
- browse, surf - look around casually and randomly, without seeking anything in particular; "browse a computer directory"; "surf the internet or the world wide web"
--3 is one way to search, seek, look for
Somebody ----s something
- browse, graze - eat lightly, try different dishes; "There was so much food at the party that we quickly got sated just by browsing"
--4 is one way to nosh, snack
Sam and Sue browse