Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective brilliant has 6 senses
- brilliant, superb - of surpassing excellence; "a brilliant performance"; "a superb actor"
Antonym: inferior (indirect, via superior)
- brainy, brilliant, smart as a whip - having or marked by unusual and impressive intelligence; "some men dislike brainy women"; "a brilliant mind"; "a brilliant solution to the problem"
Antonyms: unintelligent, stupid (indirect, via intelligent)
- brilliant, glorious, magnificent, splendid - characterized by or attended with brilliance or grandeur; "the brilliant court life at Versailles"; "a glorious work of art"; "magnificent cathedrals"; "the splendid coronation ceremony"
Antonym: unimpressive (indirect, via impressive)
- bright, brilliant, vivid - having striking color; "bright greens"; "brilliant tapestries"; "a bird with vivid plumage"
Antonyms: colorless, colourless (indirect, via colorful)
- brilliant - full of light; shining intensely; "a brilliant star"; "brilliant chandeliers"
Antonym: dull (indirect, via bright)
- bright, brilliant - clear and sharp and ringing; "the bright sound of the trumpet section"; "the brilliant sound of the trumpets"
Antonyms: unreverberant, nonresonant (indirect, via reverberant)