Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective blind has 3 senses
- blind, unsighted - unable to see
Antonyms: sighted, argus-eyed, hawk-eyed, keen-sighted, lynx-eyed, quick-sighted, sharp-eyed, sharp-sighted, clear-sighted, seeing
- blind - unable or unwilling to perceive or understand; "blind to a lover's faults"; "blind to the consequences of their actions"
Antonym: perceptive (indirect, via unperceptive)
- blind, unreasoning - not based on reason or evidence; "blind hatred"; "blind faith"; "unreasoning panic"
Antonym: rational (indirect, via irrational)
Noun blind has 4 senses
- blind - people who have severe visual impairments; "he spent hours reading to the blind"
--1 is a kind of people
--1 has members: blind person, blind man
- blind - a hiding place sometimes used by hunters (especially duck hunters); "he waited impatiently in the blind"
--2 is a kind of screen, cover, covert, concealment
- blind, screen - something that keeps things out or hinders sight; "they had just moved in and had not put up blinds yet"
--3 is a kind of protective covering, protective cover, protection
--3 has particulars:
- subterfuge, blind - something intended to misrepresent the true nature of an activity; "he wasn't sick--it was just a subterfuge"; "the holding company was just a blind"
--4 is a kind of misrepresentation, deceit, deception