Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective adorned has 2 senses
- adorned, decorated - provided with something intended to increase its beauty or distinction
Antonyms: unadorned, undecorated, plain, unembellished, unornamented, untufted
- adorned, bedecked, decked, decked out - clothed or adorned with finery
Antonym: unclothed (indirect, via clothed)
Verb adorn has 3 senses
- decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify - make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.; "Decorate the room for the party"; "beautify yourself for the special day"
--1 is one way to change, alter, modify
They adorn the halls with holly
- deck, adorn, decorate, grace, embellish, beautify - be beautiful to look at; "Flowers adorned the tables everywhere"
--2 is one way to be
Holly flowers adorn the halls
- invest, clothe, adorn - furnish with power or authority; of kings or emperors
--3 is one way to equip, fit, fit out, outfit
Somebody ----s somebody with something