Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
| [an error occurred while processing this directive] |
Noun accommodation has 6 senses
- adjustment, accommodation, fitting - making or becoming suitable; adjusting to circumstances
--1 is a kind of improvement, betterment, advance
--1 has particulars: shakedown
- accommodation - a settlement of differences; "they reached an accommodation with Japan"
--2 is a kind of settlement
--2 has particulars: modus vivendi; compromise
- accommodation - in the theories of Jean Piaget: the modification of internal representations in order to accommodate a changing knowledge of reality
--3 is a kind of developmental learning
- accommodation - living quarters provided for public convenience; "overnight accommodations are available"
--4 is a kind of living quarters, quarters
--4 has particulars:
- accommodation - the act of providing something (lodging or seat or food) to meet a need
--5 is a kind of aid, assist, assistance, help
--5 has particulars: service
- accommodation - (physiology) the automatic adjustment in focal length of the lens of the eye
--6 is a kind of alteration, modification, adjustment
--6 has particulars: readjustment; domestication; habituation