Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective wind up has 1 sense
- windup - operated by a mechanism; "windup toys"
Antonym: nonmechanical (indirect, via mechanical)
Noun wind up has 1 sense
- completion, culmination, closing, windup, mop up - a concluding action
--1 is a kind of termination, ending, conclusion
--1 has particulars:
Verb wind up has 4 senses
- finish up, land up, fetch up, end up, wind up, finish - finally be or do something; "He ended up marrying his high school sweetheart"; "he wound up being unemployed and living at home again"
--1 is one way to act, move
Somebody ----s VERB-ing
- wind up - give a preliminary swing to the arm pitching
--2 is one way to swing
- arouse, sex, excite, turn on, wind up - stimulate sexually; "This movie usually arouses the male audience"
--3 is one way to stimulate, shake, shake up, excite, stir
The performance is likely to wind up Sue
- wind, wind up - coil the spring of (some mechanical device) by turning a stem; "wind your watch"
--4 is one way to tighten, fasten
Somebody ----s something