Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Noun walk out has 2 senses
- walkout - a strike in which the workers walk out
--1 is a kind of strike, work stoppage
- walkout - the act of walking out (of a meeting or organization) as a sign of protest; "there was a walkout by the Black members as the chairman rose to speak"
--2 is a kind of protest, objection, dissent
Verb walk out has 3 senses
- strike, walk out - stop work in order to press demands; "The auto workers are striking for higher wages"; "The employees walked out when their demand for better benefits was not met"
--1 is one way to protest, resist, dissent
- walk out - leave abruptly, often in protest or anger; "The customer that was not served walked out"
--2 is one way to leave, go forth, go away
- walk out - leave suddenly, often as an expression of disapproval; "She walked out on her husband and children"
--3 is one way to abandon, forsake, desolate, desert
Somebody ----s PP