Free dictionary and thesaurus of English. Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and more...
Hint: double-click any word to get it searched!
Adjective unknown has 5 senses
- unknown - not known; "an unknown amount"; "an unknown island"; "an unknown writer"; "an unknown source"
Antonyms: known, best-known, better-known, celebrated, famed, far-famed, famous, illustrious, notable, noted, renowned, identified, legendary, proverbial, well-known
- nameless, unidentified, unknown, unnamed - being or having an unknown or unnamed source; "a poem by an unknown author"; "corporations responsible to nameless owners"; "an unnamed donor"
Antonym: onymous (indirect, via anonymous)
- unknown - not known to exist; "things obscurely felt surged up from unsuspected depths in her"- Edith Wharton
Antonym: suspected (indirect, via unsuspected)
- obscure, unknown, unsung - not famous or acclaimed; "an obscure family"; "unsung heroes of the war"
Antonym: glorious (indirect, via inglorious)
- strange, unknown - not known before; "used many strange words"; "saw many strange faces in the crowd"; "don't let anyone unknown into the house"
Antonym: familiar (indirect, via unfamiliar)